Killing fields Cambodia
Killing as a traditional method on this planet to eliminate enemies
Killing, cruelties and atrocities occur only in the absence of Love. Hence any culture without true "education" in teachings of love as the core of all innermost human behavior and driving force to all actions and reactions will eventually produce greater or lesser cruelties at some point of being.
The below pictures from the "famous" killing fields of Choeung Ek killing fields outside Phnom Penh may be a reminder of what results from a non-loving political system. The massive genocide and all atrocities committed against humanity during the Pol Pot regime during the post war years after 1975 is by far no exception. There have been manifold other atrocities committed by human race during the past century as well as past several centuries. Most of continental USA, Central America and South America have been occupied by means of massive war, massive genocide of the original native population. Similar happened in many other places on earth - like Africa and wide areas of Asia. Colonialization often took place by means of mass murder, genocide of entire population until they either surrendered or no one left alive.
In addition we who easily point our fingers toward those having committed those atrocities also may have to ask ourselves: Who and what is more cruel toward humanity? Developing, producing, making profits from sale and export as well as actually applying:
- Nukes - developed by many countries, "successfully" twice employed by USA.
- Cluster bombs - just very recently USA, Russia and China refused to sign the international treaty condemning and stopping the use of cluster bombs !!!
- Agent orange - applied in huge quantities in Vietnam by US forces and resulting until these days in massive malformation among local population and nature.
- Anthrax and many other chemical and biological weapons. Why develop and store if you never consider a possible use of such utmost cruel weapons of war and mass destruction.
- Research by USA in further developing its mini-nuke program. A program possibly supported and adopted by other nations as well. For info just Google for the keywords: USA mini-nuke program
- Toxic chemicals polluting and killing the entire planet just for short term profits?
The ultimate question thus is: Which type of violent death is cruel and which one is a justified sacrifice of human life from ONE country or race or human culture in favor of another group of "humans":
- Being burnt to death or radiated to death over a few minutes, hours or weeks or months?
- Dying from the after effects of cancer as a result to exposure of agent orange or other industrial chemicals or chemical / biological warfare? I have visited repeated times upon his personal request a victim of agent orange during his past few weeks after his years of severe cancer and cancer treatment leading to a slow and painful death lasting a few years.
- Children, old age or women being blown into pieces or crippled by cluster bombs or landmines?
- Humans being exposed more and more to chemically polluted water and soil resulting in slowly increasing and life long lasting reduction in wellness, health and ultimately resulting by the millions in cancer and other terminal illnesses or fatal accidents.
Only education in love and enclosure of God and love in ALL aspects of our life as the basis of every constitution may change this planet and result in eternal global peace among all human society!
True education and practice of love and the knowledge of God's innermost value and being as creator in love with all creation will however result in a more and more peaceful world based entirely on love rather than on laws and regulations. Love needs neither government nor law. Love is a self-regulating force deep within each and every human being as soon as the innermost core of divine love is awakened and allowed to prosper and grow. The human core of love deep inside may be compared to a sleeping seed just waiting to be freed, given water and some care. Once freed to grow, love will eventually mature, multiply and become the single most powerful driving force within each and every human being on earth and beyond for all eternity.
Mankind made by God always becomes like God - i.e. a truly loving nature. Just as much as every apple seed allowed to grow eventually will become an apple tree and some time later will bear delicious apple fruits. All mankind is destined to learn to love and to develop divine love within and toward all society and all creation.
At any given time in eternity there always are two ways to learn to love:
- By means of karma - i.e. by means of pain and suffering resulting from own painful behavior toward others and bouncing back to the origin of pain. The law of karma simplified: Whatever you do to others will come back to you.
- By direct conscious willingness and decision to learn to love and to practice to love
Pictures from Choeung Ek killing fields outside Phnom Penh
Somewhere among these bones may be my entire ancient family, relatives and friends from Cambodia. None of all my very large family survived the atrocities of the post war time of Pol Pot.
Click on any thumbnail below to view the full size picture